Foodie Blogroll

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Taigating Time & Thunder by the Bay!



Time for the playoffs and Tailgating Time week # 19 - The the play offs continue, and so does good food, and a pitcher full of cold ones! Everyone is getting ready with some great ideas for The Super Bowl! Bring over your famous recipes for you favorite foods and party things!

We always appreciate our loyal friends who join us each week, and welcome those of you who are new to us!! Come on and have some fun! it's easy, just add your recipe to the linky.

Last Sunday we went downtown Sarasota for the 13th annual Thunder By The Bay. It's an annual motorcycle event and charity fundraiser in Sarasota, Florida. Features a poker run, live concert, downtown street food, and bike show. So this week I bring it to you...

Everyone brings their bike to show them off, and check out other bikes.

There were bikes of all shapes, sizes, types and colors...


This event draws more than 30,000 people and I don't know how many bikes.

I love this shot with all these Harleys parked out front of the opera house. It was funny seeing bikers in full biker dress walking out of Starbucks with their lattes in hand (I didn't have my camera ready for that).


Many streets were blocked to cars, but bikers could come in to park it. Many came in the leathers and biker gear to show that off as well. Some probably dress like that year round while others drag it out from the back of their closets and dust if off just for events like this. I didn't dress the part though, I looked more like a beach girl, but then my husband won't ride a Harley.


He has a vintage bike that he restored and it is eligible for an "antique" tag this year!

I can't believe this man slept though all the noise and hubbub! Zzzzzzzzz, must of been a boring bike show.


Now to the food...they actually had a hog roasting on a spit...and not the bike kind of hog!


many choices...many people too, it was hard to get some shots through all the people...


quick, snap, I got one.... tropical hut with burgers...emu burger anyone? no, how about a buffalo burger?



ah yes..one is slicing the potato in one piece...the other is frying it to perfection...


...and what is a festival without kettle corn...


...or lemonade with a fresh lemon?

Unknown Mami



Now back to tailgating time, have fun!!


Can't wait to see what you bring!


Tailgating Time is brought to you this week by:
Martha at ~ Seaside Simplicity
Tamy at ~ 3 Sides of Crazy
Me here at ~ The Tiny Skillet
Debbie at ~Dinning with Debbie





11 comments:

  1. I am in awe! All looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very fun event indeed...so many bikes to admire! That Expresso Chip cookies look very inviting, I am hopping over for a better look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm submitting mine~Pineapple Tarts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like fun!
    And I'm drooling over the chocolate trifle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good time! Thanks for hosting Lyndsey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had fun! The sweet potatoes choco chip muffins sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your always wonderful comments Lyndsey on my blog! I always think I'm the only reader of my blog. : )

    What a bike show! Or more like, food show! lol. I especially love the sliders.. mm. Very hard to get those on menu here in Montreal. All the link recipes look so good up there! Yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like everyone was having fun. We visited with a biker that was on his way to Sarasota from Fort Myers. Bet he had fun too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bike show looks like a ton of fun. Especially, if you got to have some of those potatoes and kettle corn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone who took the time to stop by and enjoy the food (and bikes). I have to add mine yet...yikes! What should I bring?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This so reminds me of Blues, Bikes and Barbeque in northwest Arkansas! It's always soooooo loud but soooo much fun! Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please share your ideas, tips, stories or any questions or comments. Thanks for stopping by...